Chapter 30. Swimming Bunny
Stay in Touch
Who doesn't like to receive emails? Even better when it's comming from your beloved SaltyMatey crew! Get noticed when new stuff is up.
AAs we were just arriving at anchor in Turk and Caicos, Salty worries:
– Mommy, do you think the Easter bunny will come visit us and give us chocolate?
– Of course sweet heart, the Easter bunny should be able to do that.
– But Mommy, how is he going to come visit us!
– I guess he will have to swim, or take a boat trip, we are not the only ones living on the water, I’m sure he has access to a boat.
– Does he know how to sail?
– Maybe it’s a motorboat Salty…?
– So he will make big waves when coming here.
– Maybe, I am not sure… (and I am not sure where the conversation is going either.)
She stops, becomes dead serious and replies:
– I will be able to know he is coming because I will hear its engine, then the boat will rock because of the waves, and I will hear his little paws on the deck . Thump thump thump! He will hide the eggs, and I will peak so I know where all the eggs are!
– Well, he is not coming today because we will be on the move soon and gotta cook today before we cross Turk and Caicos over the banks tomorrow.
– But Mommy, he HAS TO COME before we move. I will invite him.
She grabs paper and pen and draw an awesome Easter Bunny.
-Write this for me Mommy.
Dear Easter Bunny, I hope you’ll have a great day.
Signed, Sally and Mateo. Xxxxx
– It’s not an invitation, I am sure he will love it but you are not actually inviting him to come Salty.
– Wait Mommy. Write this at the bottom of the letter
PS: We’re a white sailboat with a penguin
– You see Mommy, now he knows how to find us!
– Very clever Salty, I said with my mom’s heart melting in tenderness.
Needless to say that, indeed, the Easter Bunny managed to visit us on the boat and hide a few eggs. It was 5 days past Easter, but you know, Easter Bunny always finishes his run with the boats! Well…. At least, Salty and Matey though it was a very believable explanations.